24 March 2009

Steam Sponge Cake(鸡蛋糕)

I'm determined to try making 鸡蛋糕 again after a not-so-successful attempt last Wednesday. I think I didn't beat the egg mixture long enough so the cake was rather flat and dry, though the taste was pretty good.

My second try today yields better texture and fragrance.


I'm following closely to the recipe on Baking On Cloud 9. More reference from Cookbake Legacy, Random Ramblings and Fenying's Blog. I'll definitely try the other recipes later.

Ingredients

200g self-raising flour
200g sugar
4 eggs

Method

1. Beat eggs and sugar together till light pale and ribbon stage

2. Gradually fold in the flour till mix well.

3. Pour the mixture into a baking pan and sprinkle sugar across the mixture into a + sign.

4. Steam on high heat for 25 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.

No comments: