01 January 2010

Lemongrass Drink - More Than Just A Drink

It was a bright and sunny morning of a brand new year.

I love the smell of lemongrass and having a packet of lemongrass that we bought from NTUC Finest still lying in the refrigerator, I decided to prepare some lemongrass drinks. It is my first time, so I just estimate.

While enjoying my lemongrass drink, I searched the internet for lemongrass drink recipes and came across the following article (please click on the link to read the article):

Fresh lemon grass fields in Israel become mecca for cancer patients.

I knew lemongrass has medicinal effects and is an insect repellant, but I have never known that it can kill cancer cells. It got me excited and shall be sending that message to friends soon.

Ingredients

12 stalks of lemongrass
3 litres of water
4 TBS honey

Method

1. Cut the lemongrass into about 2 inches long and smash them.

2. Boil the lemongrass with 3 litres of water for about 30 minutes. (I put them inside the thermal pot and simmer for another 1 hour)

3. Strain the lemongrass drink and mix with honey. Enjoy it hot or cold.

The lemongrass drink recipe at Jas' Kitchen added pandan leaves too. I will try that recipe next time.

Additional note:

On the following week, I made another round of lemongrass drink. This time, I added pandan leaves, cut 7 large stalks of lemongrass into halves and pounded them, and then boiled with honey rock sugar (石蜂糖) and about 6 litres of water. It was very good.

No comments: